During the ongoing Covid-19 virus outbreak please help allow everyone to safely continue to use Berrylands Nature Reserve and our other local green spaces, and allow the council to keep them open for us to visit and enjoy.
To enable this to happen please use our local green spaces only for permitted exercise while maintaining social distancing, keep dogs on a lead at all times, and follow all local and national government advice.
You can also help by sharing this information with friends, neighbours and other local green space users.
We’ll endeavour to keep this page up to date with current guidance as circumstances change over the coming days, weeks and months.
Kingston Council’s Green Spaces Team & their contractor Idverde have produced some guidance to enable us to all continue to enjoy our green spaces safely, in line with government advice.
- DO NOT visit a park if you have any Symptoms – fever, coughs, shortness of breath
- Observe social distancing of at least 2 metres apart from other people
- If the park is crowded do not enter if you cannot safely observe social distancing
- Consider if you can visit your park at different times (later/earlier) to allow parents, children and older people to use during the day
- Use all areas of the park to space out to maintain an appropriate distance from others
- Follow Public Health England advice on hand washing and wash your hands when you get home
- Keep your dog(s) on leads at ALL TIMES during this period
- Please DO NOT use areas of the park that have been closed or advised not not use, such as play areas – these are closed for your safety.
We would usually love to invite as many people as possible to visit and enjoy Berrylands’ green spaces, but in line with London Assembly guidance, please stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily.