During the ongoing Covid-19 virus outbreak please help allow everyone to safely continue to use Berrylands Nature Reserve and our other local green spaces.
To enable this to happen please use our local green spaces responsibly, maintaining social distancing, and follow all local and national government advice.
You can also help by sharing this information with friends, neighbours and other local green space users.
We’ll endeavour to keep this page up to date with current guidance as circumstances change over time.
Kingston Council’s Green Spaces Team & their contractor Idverde have produced some guidance to enable us to all continue to enjoy our green spaces safely, in line with government advice.
- DO NOT visit a park if you have any Symptoms – fever, coughs, shortness of breath
- Please DO NOT use areas of the park that have been closed or advised not not use, such as play areas – these are closed for your safety
- Observe social distancing of at least 2 metres apart from other people
- If the park is crowded do not enter if you cannot safely observe social distancing
- Consider if you can visit your park at different times (later/earlier) to allow parents, children and older people to use during the day
- Use all areas of the park to space out to maintain an appropriate distance from others
- Follow Public Health England advice on hand washing and wash your hands when you get home
During this time lots of local people have had the fantastic experience of discovering (or rediscovering) their local green spaces, and for those who haven’t yet we encourage them to visit, use and enjoy all of the wonderfull green spaces Berrylands is so lucky to have.
Please help us make these spaces pleasant and welcoming for everyone by using them responsibly, taking home any litter, and following all national and local guidance on their safe use.