Most of the work to care for, maintain and improve our local community green spaces is organised and undertaken entirely by passionate local volunteers. If you’d like to lend a hand please sign up to join in, no previous experience is necessary.
During this session with the support of Kingston Council’s green space contractor idVerde we’ll be gathering up litter and waste depositied all over Berrylands Nature Reserve and loading it up into a big trailer for disposal.
To book a place and for full details visit the Eventbrite link below:
We usually run events where you can just drop-in on the day, but at the moment due to current Covid-19 regulations booking in advance will be strictly necessary.
Throughout the year local volunteers carry out all sorts of activities in our green spaces around Berrylands.
To improve our spaces for local wildlife we carry out jobs like:
- Managing areas of woodland & scrub
- Planting and caring for new trees, bulbs and other plantlife
- Constructing habitat for all sorts of local wildlife
- Controlling invasive plant species to allow our native flora to thrive.
We also try and make our local spaces nicer for the local community too, by doing things like:
- Maintaining and improving paths
- Clearing litter
- Tending to our two local mixed fruit orchards
Hope you can join us.